The magic in new beginnings is truly the most powerful of them all.
Exactly a year ago we launched our brand and our unique deodorant for kids. We’ve been so appreciative of our early customers who have given us a lot of great feedback and shared some of their stories with us. And thanks to that feedback, for the past few months we’ve been hard at work making some important changes to both our brand and our products.
So, we’re excited to share with you the next chapter of Kobi! Here’s what’s new:
The most obvious change is that our logo and general brand appearance are now different. Why did we change things up after only a year? Well, overwhelmingly we heard from our customers that they were buying our product for their sons and daughters who are involved in sports. We thought that was really cool, and decided it made sense to focus more heavily on being the best brand out there for helping kids keep the stink at bay while playing the sports they love.
We still really like our original logo, but it doesn’t quite fit the new sporty persona we want to pursue. So, we kept the whale (named Kobi) but redesigned him to look like a sports team logo. We also think his rounded shape resembles a ball, which fits nicely with our new theme (and gives us lot of opportunities for creating some cool sports merch in the future!).
It’s not just our appearance that’s changed — our product’s changed, too! And in all the right ways. We listened to the feedback from you, our customers, and have made our deodorant even better. Here are a couple of key improvements we’ve made:
- Goes on Clear: While our previous formula did result in a mostly clear appearance when dry, initially it was white while putting it on. Some customers didn’t like that, so we headed back to the lab and figured out a way to make the deodorant go on clear without sacrificing its effectiveness.
- Strengthened for Sports: While reworking the deodorant formula to improve its appearance, we were able to further enhance its odor-blocking power and build in longer-lasting protection that’s truly optimized for sports use.
We’ve also put a lot of time into our deodorant scents, both to improve our existing ones and offer some new options. Here’s what’s changed in the fragrance department:
- Sweet Lime is now Fresh Lime. We’ve removed the herbal notes of lemongrass and basil (which some kids didn’t like) and made the scent very citrus-forward. Now it literally smells like a fresh-cut lime!
- Vanilla Dream has the same name, but the scent has also been simplified. We removed the floral note and cut down on the lemon, leaving a sweet and pure vanilla smell that’s simply delicious.
- We’ve added another girls’ scent, Sunset Bloom! It’s predominantly a sweet grapefruit smell, with hints of lavender and bergamot. Perfect for girls who prefer a bit more of a floral fragrance, without being overbearing.
- For kids who are a bit pickier with scents, or who just have extra-sensitive skin, we now offer an Unscented version of our deodorant.
We hope you’ll be as pleased with the new Kobi Sport Deodorant as we are. But rest assured that we’re not stopping there! In fact, we have three new products currently in development that we’ll be releasing over the coming months. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter so you’re the first to know when they launch!
Thank you for being a Kobi customer.